Dental Implants | Woodshore Family Dentistry
Dental implants are metallic frameworks lodged into your jawbones to serve as a foundation for dental crowns and dental bridges. Please continue reading for a detailed discussion of the best dental implants.
Tooth loss is an extremely common issue that millions of Americans suffer from on a yearly basis. As you grow older, various issues like natural wear and tear and dental disease weaken your teeth, which makes them more susceptible to tooth loss. You may also have to get tooth extractions done to deal with various issues. Dental implants are the best ways to replace these lost teeth.
Dental implants are metallic frameworks or posts that the dentist lodges into the jawbone just under the gums of the missing tooth. This metallic framework, usually made of titanium, acts as the tooth’s root and becomes a part of your body. The dentist then uses this framework or post to plant a dental crown or dental bridge. This is the most effective and stable means of permanent teeth replacement. Please continue reading for a detailed discussion of the best dental implants.
Advantages of Dental Implants
The best dental implants give you the following benefits and advantages.
- Cosmetic Appearance: Dental implants become a part of the body because your jawbone naturally grows around the metallic framework. As such, the dental implant acts like your actual teeth. The dental crown that’s planted over the dental implant can be sculpted to look like the best version of your own teeth. So dental implants can help improve your overall cosmetic appearance.
- Speech and Eating Enhancement: If you’re missing some teeth, you may have problems with speech. Dentures make the problem even worse because they can potentially slip out while speaking, which can be embarrassing. A tooth implant can improve your speech and there’s no risk of it slipping out so you can speak normally. The same goes for when you’re eating. You can chew your food properly and you don’t have to worry about them coming off like dentures.
- Comfort: The best part about dental implants is that they become a part of your body since they’re lodged into your jawbone. So you don’t even feel them over time and there’s no risk of them coming off.
- Your Original Teeth aren’t Altered: Most effective dental replacements require the dentist to alter your current teeth. For example, if you want a dental bridge, the dentist will have to shave the enamel off the surrounding teeth to fit them for dental crowns. If you go for dentures, the dentist won’t have to make changes but they’ll also be unstable. Dental implants are completely stable and none of your surrounding teeth have to be altered.
- Convenience: The biggest issue with dentures is that you have to constantly take them off while sleeping or eating. You also have a special maintenance routine for your dentures. With dental implants, you simply have to take care of them the way you take care of your other teeth, i.e., follow your regular oral hygiene routine.
How Successful are Dental Implants?
The best dental implants have an incredibly high success rate of 98%. Anyone can get dental implants and they rarely cause any side effects or complications. The only situation in which a dental implant won’t be suitable for you is if you don’t have enough bone structure in the area of the missing tooth. But the dentist can remedy that with a bone graft procedure.
How Strong are Dental Implants Compared to Real Teeth? Are Dental Implants as Good as the Natural Tooth?
Dental implants are extremely strong. In fact, dental implants are just as good as natural teeth because the dentist lodges the titanium frame into your jawbone, making it a regular part of your body. If you take care of them, dental implants can even last a lifetime.
Are Dental Implants Noticeable?
Dental implants are not at all noticeable. In fact, the implants themselves aren’t even visible because they’re just metallic roots for the dental crown. The dental crown is visible on top, but it’s sculpted to look just like your real teeth so no one will know it’s not your actual tooth.
Who Can Get Dental Implants?
Anyone can get dental implants, as long as you’re healthy enough and can get a dental extraction and affordable oral surgery as well. The only requirement for dental implants is that you should have healthy gums and enough bone structure under the gums of the missing tooth.
When you lose your teeth, the bone structure also starts wearing away gradually. Over an extended period, you may not have enough bone to support dental implants. In that case, you may have to opt for a bone graft surgery to facilitate bone regeneration before you can get dental implants.
Dental implants may also be ill-advised for people who suffer from heart disease, diabetes, or those who have undergone radiation therapy. However, you should discuss this with your dentist and follow their recommendations.
Types of Best Teeth Implants
American Dental Association defines the two types of best teeth implants as the following.
- Endosteal Implants: These are surgically planted into the jawbone, and then a post is attached to the implant, and finally the artificial dental crown or bridge is attached to the post.
- Subperiosteal Implants: The metallic post is directly attached to the jawbone under the gums of the missing tooth and the dental crown is attached over it.
Dental Implant Cost
The best dental implants are extremely expensive. In most cases, a single tooth implant will cost between $3,000 to $4,500. However, since this is a one-time fixed cost, most people find it to be completely worth it. You should, however, note that dental implants are rarely covered by insurance.
Best Dental Implants Maintenance
The following is an overview of how you can maintain the best dental implants so they last a lifetime.
- Brush your teeth twice a day with a dentist-recommended toothpaste.
- Floss thoroughly between your teeth every day.
- Use an antibacterial mouthwash to rinse your mouth and get rid of all bacteria.
- Seek regular dental cleaning sessions.
How do Dental Implants Work?
The following steps take you through the entire dental implants procedure so you understand how they work.
- The best dental implants dentist will examine your teeth and study your conditions to determine the correct treatment plan for your needs.
- The dentist will attach a small titanium post, which serves as the tooth root, into the jawbone of the missing tooth. Over a period of 6 to 12 weeks, the jawbone will heal around the titanium post so that the post becomes an anchored part of your body.
- In the next session with the dental implants dentist, they’ll connect another connector post to the titanium root.
- The dentist will take an accurate impression of your bite alignment, teeth size, and teeth shade in order to design the perfect set of dental crowns for you. The dental crowns will be prepared in around two weeks. Until then, the dentist may attach a temporary crown over the dental implant.
- Once the dental crown or bridge is constructed, the dentist will attach it to the connector post and then make some final adjustments. The end result will look exactly like your real set of teeth.
This place is great! Everyone is so kind and very professional. The dentist is awesome also. He takes the time to listen and gives you all the options with no pressure. They are also great with kids here. My 10 and 3 year old also do well when they come here. I highly recommend this place for anyone who wants great care for their teeth.
The entire office is very friendly. They go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. I really appreciated the extra time each Doctor took to review my medical history. Very gentle, kind and confident dental care.
I can’t say enough about my experience at this dental office! The entire staff was very friendly, from the second I walked in to the time I walked out. The doctor took the time to explain all that was going on, and he was very gentle in his approach which is what I like. Highly recommend this place!
Me and my wife had been looking for a new dentist and we finally found them. This group of people are great. Extremely courteous and good at what they do. I couldn’t be more pleased with our new dentists and would highly recommend them to anyone.
The staff was so friendly and helpful. You can tell they really care about their patients and love what they do. They all made the experience really easy & comfortable. Highly recommend!
Hadn’t been to the dentist in 3 years because I just didn’t like it… tried this one out. Very kind and professional staff, friendly, outgoing, made me feel welcome. Definitely would recommend this dentist
The office is very clean and my daughter loved the tv in the ceiling to watch while her work was being done. Thanks again to the staff and doctor for making her feel comfortable.
Great customer service from check in to check out! It was my daughter’s first dental appointment and the staff made her very comfortable!
The staff was very welcoming and friendly! Dr. Pattni explained my plan thoroughly and made sure I was comfortable during my treatment which I really appreciated. They also perform orthodontic work at affordable prices which is great because now I only have to go to one office for all of my dental needs. Not to mention the decor, ambiance, and state-of-the-art equipment is truly exceptional! Will definitely be coming back!
Best Affordable Dental Implants
At Woodshore Family Dentistry, we make sure that you’re suitable for dental implants. If you’re not suitable, we perform a bone graft procedure or another such procedure that can prepare you for dental implants. We also take exact measurements and impressions of your teeth so we can prepare dental crowns and replacement teeth that look just like your actual teeth. For more information, please schedule your appointment with the best dental implant dentist.